Adult industry mental health organization Pineapple Support has announced a pair of events recognizing Suicide Awareness Month, as well as a social media fundraiser.
Suicide Prevention Training Webinar
Pineapple Support is running a Zoom webinar on World Suicide Prevention Day–September 10, 2020. The webinar starts at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern time and runs for approximately 1 hour. The webinar will be a sex-positive, radically inclusive and professionally facilitated presentation that is designed for participants who are actively involved in the adult film and sex work industries.
Please visit the Pineapple Support website for more information and the link to join the webinar.
Twitter Mental Health & Suicide Prevention AMA
On Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 2pm Pacific/5pm Eastern time, Pineapple Support is running a mental health and suicide prevention “AMA” (ask me anything) with one of their counsellors, Amanda TR Clemens on the @Chaturbate Twitter account. Use the hashtags #AskPineappleSupport and #CBSexEd to join the conversation!
The Cream Pie Challenge has been created to raise awareness of the impact of stigma on the mental health of adult industry performers and the unique challenges they face. And no, it’s not that kind of cream pie! Instead, adult industry members are asked to make a donation to Pineapple support and then–following the template of challenges like the ALS Ice Bucket–to pie themselves in the face in a video. Challenge your other adult industry friends, too!
How to Get Involved:
- State your name, and the name of the person who challenged you
- Accept the challenge. You can keep it simple by saying, “I accept the Cream Pie Challenge,” or you can reflect more on the impact that mental health has had on people in your life or around the world. Try to keep it short and on-point, though.
- Challenge five more people (state their names) and say they have 24 hours to complete the challenge.
- Say that you are donating money (in addition to the creampie-ing) to PineappleSupport.org.
- Take that Cream Pie!
- Share your video, tag your friends and use #CreamPieChallenge
- If you would like to get involved by donating directly to this cause, please click here or text “CreamPie” to 44321 (US only).