Clip didn’t sell in 6 months? IWantClips is deleting it permanently.
Femdom clip site IWantClips has informed performers via email that their old, unsold content will be deleted monthly beginning on October 1, 2021. Content that has been on the site for more than 6 months without a sale will be automatically deleted following a 7 day grace period where models will be able to save the content. Should models not save their content then, it will be “archived” (deleted) permanently. Archived content cannot be re-uploaded. Apparently this process will run on the first of the month, every month, for the forseeable future in some poorly-thought-out effort to “curate” the site’s content. The tweet regarding the new policy has been met with overwhelmingly negative feedback, with many pointing out that no other site has such a policy. Some performers have speculated that this could be a money-saving move for a site currently embroiled in an expensive lawsuit with a major investor and shareholder.
The email from IWC:
We are reaching out to notify you that starting October 1st, 2021, content items from your store that have not received any sales in 6 months or more will be moved to a “Pending Archived” section. You will have 7 days to access and save the content before it is archived. You will be able to see the Archived Content tab on your Artist dashboard, but it will not be active until October 1st, 2021.
NOTE: Any content item that has received at least 1 sale at any time will remain live on the site and not be affected by this Curation Event.
Our data shows that if a content item does not sell in its first 6 months, it is unlikely to ever receive a sale. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we curate the content on our site to create a better experience for everyone.
Please note the following:
- The first curation run will have the largest amount of content that will be Archived as we will need to retroactively go through all content that is live on the site.
- We will be sending you an email notification on the 1st of each month once your content has been moved to the “Pending Archive” status if you have items that have been live on the site for 6+ months and not sold. You will not receive an email if your items do not fit the criteria.
- You have 7-days to access and save this content before it is moved to “Archived” status.
- Once “Archived”, you will not be able to access or download the content nor can we restore this content for you.
- If an item has had at least 1 sale, it will not be removed.
- We encourage you to review the items added to the “Pending Archive” section to learn what types of content work best for your brand on IWC.
- Re-publishing any content that has been archived on the site is against our Terms of Service.
Please make sure to mark these emails as Important so you receive them in your regular inbox.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to develop a thriving site with content our customers truly enjoy.